I did some solo black Friday shopping this year. I have gotten a bit addicted to the Home Depot Poinsettias and needed them for my apartment, it doesn't feel like christmas without them.
So I woke up super early, and put a coat and boots on over my pajamas and headed out. I was so surprised at the group that was there, americans and our insane traditions are nuts. NUTS. It was also comical to me that I was standing among these burly guys who are scoping out a new saw or a work bench and all I wanted were flowers.
A man stood up and reminded everyone to play nice, and that there were doughnuts. (No one cared about the doughnuts) I could see behind me there was an old co-worker that normally I would have loved to chat it up with. Today I ducked my face so I could focus.
The hour struck 6 and like sands in an hourglass we shuffled through this narrow opening and then spread into the store. I started to grab poinsettias and after filling my cart with the allotted 12 I started to switch them out to get the best ones. It was a lot less crazy then I had imagined.
Back to the car, and back to bed. Short and sweet.
Save your big screen TVs for the suckers, rich red flowers is all I want.
My place looks so festive. I'm so happy and it is crazy as to what a good deal it is, not only does it make me love my poinsettias but all the others I've gotten in the past. I'm so excited for Christmas.
Monday, December 5, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment