The entire 4th of July weekend I only took one photo (Apart from weird firework pictures that didn’t quite turn out, and the one photo I took with a film camera)
It was of my food, I remember being really happy to eat it, and I think that is why I pulled out my phone.
A cold cucumber soup from the food trucks, and for a hot July day it was delightful.
I went to Bend Oregon where 15 friends rented a house. I’ve never been to Bend before and was surprised to see it more desert-y then one would imagine Oregon to be, dry with big tall evergreens. Every house is charming as hell and they have a fun little downtown with these breweries and mountains that had names and stories. But the best part of that place is the river. This large slow moving river that cuts the downtown in half, and on the 4th of July weekend everyone, EVERYONE floats it. It turns into the friendliest game of bumper cars, everyone meshed together moving along with the ducks. The bottom of the river is 4 inches of beautiful mud and grass that your toes get lost in. And if you weren’t on the river you were hanging off a bridge over the river, dropping beer to your friends. It was alive and wild, our group had a raft that we called the living room, it fit 10 people on one tube it was incredible and scary at the same time when we all in a cluster had to fit under the a low bridge.
As the river turned to enter the down town all along the shoreline were houses that were filled with so much beauty. Little paths that would bring you to a deck right on the water, sitting areas in grassy nulls, outdoorbeds in gazebos, homes with big widows that lookout to the lake, each home a different shape and color and packed full of money. It was delightful, there is nothing better then floating a river in July, and I can’t think of a river more beautiful then the Deschutes.
Then it was food and more food and games and fireworks, every year the hill in Bend catches fire and this year was no different, in two spots it lit up with massive flames from the low fireworks. God Bless America.
Other highlights include-
-not knowing if I was a child or an adult
-after dementrating some sick soccer skills in the park, I got asked if I played soccer in High school, I had fooled them all
-necks that smell like hotdogs.
-Yoga/janga
-Breakfast sandwiches
-5 hour potao salad
-"Stand up straight, suck it in!!"
-The taylor swift swan
-Food trucks in the middle of nowhere Ontario
-PTSD (What the shit?)
-Flat tire
I have been told that pictures would get back around to me, but who knows if they will, and who knows if this weekend actually happened? I have no proof that it did. Maybe it was all a really great dream.
0 comments:
Post a Comment