Friday, June 24, 2016

Derelict

I got drug into a 48 hour film project, it didn't register to me until the week of how much time that really was.

From 7:00 on Friday night to 7:00 on Sunday night, I was making a movie.
And that is all I did with my weekend. I was stressed because I just wanted time to do laundry, and as much as I brainstormed I didn't know if I would get that chance.


7:00 Friday- Our team of 6 met at the broadway theater, where we drew out of a hat a genre.

Fish Out of Water or Sci-fi


Then all the teams together got a prop: A bar of soap
A Charitor: Uncle Daryl
and a Line: "I canceled my plans for this"


And then we were off, free as the wild west wind to create a film. We set up home base at our office, and that is were we sat until about 1am that night to brain storm, settle on ideas and then start a storyboard. There was lots of laughs and lots of alcholhol that only made our ideas crazier. It was a long eccentric night.



The next morning we met bright and early at the Royal Eattery for breakfast then it was on to unload camera equipment from the car, get to hair and makeup and start shooting.

 (I love the Royal Eatery, I need to do a post entirely of this place)




Shooting ended at 11, then it was to the bar to celebrate, then the dance floor to get some energy out then back to our conference room to sit and eternally edit.


We didn't leave this room for almost 11 hours. .


But we did it, we produced a kinda cool little movie in 48 hours.
This is a picture of the heart of the crew right after we turned it in. . it was a long weekend. I love these faces so much. .


Then we got to join all the other film makers at the broadway to view the films.  They rolled out the red carpet, had popcorn flowing and we watched it all on the big screen. . . it was a bit nerve wrecking and wonderful. We had a good crew from work who came out to the theater to support (Or have a reason to get drunk and hangout) it was great. I felt just like Rachel McAdams. Loved and adored. I don't want to do it again any time soon, but so glad I did it.




(I'll put the link to the movie here soon, check back)
SaveSaveSaveSave

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.