Thursday, May 19, 2016

Roof Top Tent


A miracle happened last Monday. 
In a fit of rage that I had drug my foot for so long about buying my roof top tent I got online to find the Provo Dealer who advertises on KSL so I could order my tent. 

And there it was, the exact tent I had been wanting for over a year, someone was getting rid of it for about 500$ less then any place I had priced them before. 

It was a modern day miracle, all of the sudden the long wait all seemed worth it. Going to trade shows just to sit in the tent I wanted, buying racks for Rav and having nothing to put on them, it all seemed sane now. 

I have been thinking about this dumb rooftop tent for Rav for well over a year. Something about a good luxury slumber on top of my car was enchanting, being that extra 6 feet closer to the stars makes all the difference. 

It was advertised as "Like new" and "Only used it on 10 camping trips"

I text the guy and he said that he had two other offers but they weren't willing to come to Jackson to get it and they will have to wait until he comes down to Salt Lake. 

DONE! I'll drive up tonight!

So I loaded up some new songs on spottily, found some new 'This American Life' post cast and left work an hour early. Not really realizing how long that drive was, but it didn't matter. He started driving towards me and saved me about an hour of the drive, four hours up through amazing farm lands with a these gloomy desert storms. The colors of the sky and the mountains matched my mood, alive rich and full of adventure. 


I stopped for gas at a pump that I was sure was broken, as I was filling up a truck pulled up, and a man hopped out and yelled.
"Do you need anything in the store"
"Sorry?"
"Do you need anything INSIDE"
"Oh, no! I'm good, Thank you!"
He got back in his truck and drove away. 
Was he the store owner? Was he going to just bust out one of the windows for me?

I was pleased when I met David that he was a fellow Toyota lover, and transferring the tent from his Tacoma to my Rav felt like I was passing on a noble birthright. 


Then four hours back. 

I got home, it was about 12:30, and I just stood back and looked at her parked in my lot, and fell in love all over again with my car. 


I clear my parking garage at work with 2 inches, another tender mercy. 


So now I have my tent, and I'm looking for all the camping buddies I can get, you must be under 8 foot and less then 273 pounds.
This is going to be the SUMMER OF MCKAY!


2 comments:

Julianne said...

I love this so much and want one so bad!

Unknown said...

Just when I thought I couldn't love Rav anymore, you go and add a rooftop tent... Amazing

Powered by Blogger.