Thursday, February 18, 2016

I've been collecting stories. . . . .

They were never intended for my blog, but I wanted to share. I joked for a long time about how I collect bugs, but I would also like to collect people, I guess the collection has started.




Adam Anderson left an abusive home at the age of 12, he was homeless and started sweeping the floors at the rec center for candy bars to get by. He would prop the back door of the Rec center open so he could sneak back in at night and sleep. He learned to love racquetball and without never having a lesson he plays racquet ball different then anyone, people are convinced he sees the game in slow motion. He won State champion 6 years in a row, in every division. People are in shock as to how easily the game comes to him.
After several major injuries his sponsorship from Head was taken away, and then he won state championship again. He is friendly, charming and his drive is inspiring. 

In 2009 Head stopped making head-heavy liquid metal racquets and started making them handle heavy. Adam didn’t like the change and so Adam plays with a 10 year old Liquid metal racquet, and he won’t play with anything else. Head would give him all kinds of new racquets he would always take pictures with the new racquet and then switch back to the 2006 model to play because he likes how it feels. His raquet is old and worn and covered in duct tape. But it is the one piece of gear he can’t live without. 








Forrest Schultz let me come into his basement where he spends hours making super hero costumes. Teaching himself the technique he makes plastic molds, sews mesh, prints with a 3-D printer and creates very authentic pieces. He told Experticity that he is not a super hero “Geek” he just loves the design and the art behind it. 

One piece of gear he can’t live without:
Bob Smith Super glue and Execrator, he said he would see this magic pink glue on TV shows and Youtubes about costume design yet could never read the name of the glue, and no one would respond to him when he would reach out to ask what it was. The day he found it was a good day. “The glue is just as amazing as I thought it was” “It’s what they use in Hollywood”









Guy Fugal converted the corn farm he grew up on into a Hydroponic Farm growing all natural, all organic greens, from seed to harvest in only 6 weeks. Lady bugs everywhere to control the aphids. He has build a large commercial kitchen so his daughter can teach nutrition classes. It is a family business and it always had been, his daughter runs most of the Hydroponic farm, and the spirit of his dad is there as a life sized bronze statue out in the yard. It was amazing to see the vibrant green color of the plants and look into their proud eyes as they explained how the system worked. He was in the middle of working when I pulled up, but was happy to drop everything and give me a full tour.

The one tool that Guy can’t live without was the produce scale, a good scale makes all the difference. 








Drew Danburry never imagined his life as a barber, he wanted to be a musician, but when it came time to support a family he found he had a real talent for it. Experticity sat with him in his barbershop as he cut hair and talked about music with his customers. He loves connecting with his costumers “A gentleman’s haircut for a gentleman!” And after the cut was done customers can grab a barbershop guitar pick. 

The one piece of gear Drew can’t live without is Andis Master’s clippers.
“If you got me a discount with Andis I would spend a lot of money. . . . . And if I didn’t get a discount I still would send a lot of money”

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.