The Powerball is up to 1.5 billion dollars. It is the biggest it has ever been in the history of the lottery.So Drew and I drove to Wyoming after work, bought 45 tickets and drove home. Mentally we have already spent the money. I want to buy a trailer park where each of my friends/family could reside. It would be very colorful and have a Tim Burton, Hick, 70s, American vibe. It will be beautiful. Drew talks about a grand Saloon and making a Spielberg quality movie with all his friends in it. But we both agree that we would throw a grand Moulin Rouge themed party.
We had muscle milk for dinner, and ended up waiting in a 2 hour line at the Chevron gas station along side the craziest group of people. I did Sudoku and Drew learned Spanish. We talked to strangers about how we would spend the money, and played with all the candy/crap on the shelves and did a real good job about not eating it.
Then drove off into the night confident in our winnings, singing loud to the radio and in awe at the Wyoming stars. It's the luckiest I've ever felt.
"If we win, then this five hours was worth it. And if we don't win. . . . . . . . . . then it wasn't"
Before we left people kept telling us our odds of winning most likely they were attempting to validate their choice to not be spontaneous and fun.
But the way we see it- Someone has to win, and whoever wins their odds were the same as mine.
When I win, first item of business is I will have a life size painting of me painted with a plaque that reads "She is one in 2.5 billion" (Or whatever the odds are) and then hang it in the Capital building next to Abraham Lincoln.
Fingers Crossed.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're pretty freaking lucky, I bet you win.
Post a Comment