I was asked by a coworker to come to her home and take pictures of her parent's 40th wedding anniversary. I was happy she asked, it is always excited to meet people's family, get a glimpse of what makes them, them. Her Mother was a riot, her name was Mary Michael, not Mary, Mary Michael, and she was this short, little, round spit fire. Catholic to the bone. She was on the path to become a nun when she met her husband. Now, 40 years later she has a loud catholic family and freely gives anyone a piece of her mind.
The Priest that married them came, neighbors came, there was wine and food. And the house was so grandma, very clean carpets with nick nacks and long heavy grapes.
But I was fascinated with the place because of all the catholic memorabilia, this rich vibe of God and family and also she had placed pears all over the house.
Little brass pears, glass pears, big gourds that were painted like pears. When I asked Mary Michael what the deal was she told me it was an old Italian saying “When the pear is ripe, it will fall”
And that is how she views life, when things are ripe, they will fall into place, it's her motto.
It was quite beautiful, and this old round lady with all her Italian sass was quite beautiful too.

1 comments:
I hope Mary Micheal loves this photo cause it's a great photo!
Post a Comment