The night was started with two condoms, pretend VIP passes and a rush of nervs, and ended with deep stand-the-test-of-time, over-the-moon love.
Michel Lichety was my gradeschool/Jr high crush, Cali Stevens told me to go for him because when I was a shopemore he would be a Seinor, and it was cool to date a Senior.
He liked Third Eye Blind, so for my birthday I asked for, and got the Third Eye Blind CD, it was my first CD.
Memorized every word.
Motorcycle Drive by.
I Want You.
God of Wine.
Listening to them on repeat.
It is comical to me now to think about this Jr High girl thinking she could relate to this CD all about sex and Drugs.
And as far as Dashboard. . . .
I have seen him 9 times in concert, last night made 10.
My first concert was Saves the Day and opening for him was Dashboard Confessional, just him no band, just his guitar and emotions. His songs escorted me through my first love and a hardcore break up, where the world around me fell and I felt like my problems were as big as the Great Salt Lake.
So last night was an inevitable nostalgic journey.
I debated for a while who to take, Drew? no, he hates that kind of music. Dallin? perfect, but he lives in New York. Grab a new guy for a first date? Hell no, my emotions were off the chart just buying the tickets I could only imagine in horror the first impression I would give to a guy I potentially wanted to date while crying and screaming and singing at a concert.
Erica, She was the perfect choice.
Crazy girl, who loves to scream and is down for anything to make her snapchat story more crazy.
She was so fun to have at my side.
As we waited in line, hours before the show started, we watched Third Eye Blind leave on bikes to go venture around the city. What I wouldn't give to be a part of that bike bergade.
Doors opened and we ran to make it to the front.
Right up at the bar, 5 foot-nothing girls lined up behind us, they couldn't see, and they were being smash up against our sweaty backs, but I held no sympathy for them, thats what you get for not running.
No words at this point could describe the night, remembering what it felt like to be young and in love, and tangled up in sex and hardcore drugs, that was less relatable to me but somehow I empathize and feel every emotion.
Steven Jenkins stole my heart, I had no idea he was so damn charismatic, and to put that face with the voice of my past was magic. At the end of the show after the encore of Simi Charmed Life he pointed right at me, a straight armed, solid, 4 second, eye-contact point.
In that moment I was lost in his stare and feel in Love, I think he is my dream man.
Then he walked off stage and I haven't seen him since.
After our stare a his point, girl next to me said "woah, I thought he was going to come down and kiss you" . . . . I did too crazy unknown lady, I did too.
Monday, July 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
So jealous
Stupid.
Post a Comment