Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tacos!

One year ago I went to Experticity’s company summer party as a +1. 
I had no idea what the company was, I was just happy to be with my boyfriend at the time and meet his coworkers. 
I was watching this frumpy Office Manager run around in her tank top and maxi skirt. Flopping around, and acting stressed. 
The food was two hours late, and I had to get to work at the restaurant so I didn’t even get to eat. 

I remember clearly leaning over to Adam and saying “How do I kill her, and get her job?”
Adam agreed that I would be perfect for the job, and the food wouldn’t have been late. 


So yesterday I had this moment, it was while I was walking jumper cables back to the construction worker (That’s another story) getting ready for the company party, where I almost started to cry at how good I have it. Where the good Lord has lead me, and the doors he opens for me. The old Office lady is not dead, but I do have her job, and it is hilarious because Drew- maybe my favorite human, works right at my side. I work in the historic Boston Building, I plan parties and lunches and boss people around,  I my desk is a big as a ship, I know our 198 employees by first and last name and am never in loss for a friend to go to lunch with. And outside work I’ve had more time to play and try new hobbies and watch more Seinfeld then I ever have before. 
A last night Drew and I threw a hellofa summer party. Nothing fancy, everything simple, but everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. 
We got the three top food trucks in Salt Lake (and we know, we have food trucks every Thursday at the Gallivan) 
Some blowup toys, and a canoe packed full of drinks. 
People could eat to their heart’s content.












Drew and I sat at the sign in table heckling everyone and the families as they came in, putting wrist bands on them. I love meeting families and seeing the spouses of the people I work with. I don’t go home to a family and sometimes it is hard to believe the people around me do, we don’t need family! We have each other! Right?


This year, my goal is to have Britney Spears job! Loved by all, preforming in Vegas every night, and sleeping in stacks of money!
Dream big my friends, and never underestimate a little charisma! 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.