Friday, July 31, 2015

Pie and Beer.

A co-worker (From Portland) asked me if ‘Pie and Beer” offends the Utah natives. 
I told him that you can’t get more Utah then me, and I love Pie and Beer Day.

I also told him that Mormons get offended by everything. 
(They pretend not to, but they do, even now as some of you Mormons read this you will think “I am offended that she would say that I get offended! And isn’t she one of us? Why is she saying that if she is one of us?!”) 

Yeah, I’m Mormon, but I’m not like a regular Mormon, I’m a cool Mormon.  (Mean Girls quote)

Pie and Beer. . . This year Andie is in Alaska, Max is traveling islands, Whitney is blissfully married so that just leaves Sam and I. 
Two kids yet somehow we have a Packed Full house, running out of chairs. 
No one knocks, some of them flop on the couch and take naps, and all of them eat like crazy. 

And there is so many reasons I love this. 
I love how many people have grown to be comfortable at our house. My mom started this “Bonus Son” thing a while ago, because some of the boys really do feel like my brothers, and she claims some of the guys as her own, but it is almost comical because there are quite a few boys now who make the list. (Never has a girl make the list. . . . Interesting) 
I love that my Mom doesn’t cook. We had pies galore and my Mother always makes sure the display is beautiful, the table cloths are just right, the plates are vintage and cake stands are being displayed. Then she buys glorious store bought cakes, then instead of worrying about the kitchen she sits and we all laugh and talk on the deck. 
Did she forget the drink with the Pie, and your mouth is feeling dry? Get up and get your own glass of milk, you know where it is!
I think at one point RaVoe was chanting her high school fight song on the deck, like an annoying teenager and I like her being a part of everything.
And I love the deck, I don’t really have to expand on that, it is a perfect place to be in the summer.





We did pioneer trivia learned that the only like 5% of the pioneer used handcarts and that “Trek” is a scam! We learned that they left to start their journey at around 8:00am, and they couldn’t take some paths because they were crowded with too much gold. Right?? Right. 



But my favorite thing about the Highland house recently is The Stump Game. It is an Alaskan Drinking game. 

You stand around the stump, everyone has a nail standing in front of them. You take turns passing a hammer around, flipping the hammer in the air, if you get one flip you get one hit, three flips, three hits. And if you drop it you loose your turn. When you catch it you have to immediately take your hits on other players nails without readjusting your hand from the catch. Last nail standing wins. 

It is so stupid, and people get hurt, and I can’t get enough of it, it is so funny to me. 

I had video, I tried to upload it, but it was too big, or long or awesome and I wasn’t motivated enough to work with it. But Max is home from the Islands this week, so Sunday should be a good round of Stump, come by and see it first hand.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Ah man, we almost came over on Sunday! I'm dying for a good night on the deck!

RaVoe said...

Hayley don't ever hesitate to come over, just always come over!

Powered by Blogger.