It's Friday in the Office, that means work becomes casual.
Paul and Johnathan Ordered a box of 20 mini basketballs, and they came in the mail today. Enough said.
It's after 4 now, and that means James is doing "Music Request Fridays" we can e-mail requests and he pumps up the tunes and everyone unwinds.
None of the songs being requested, what we all desire in our heart-of-hearts, are nothing you could find on the radio. Another reason the world is corrupt and we are being forced to listen to likely what the government wants. . SIDE NOTE!!!
Anywho,
I am smitten with the downtown, with my old historic building I work in, with the homeless bums, with how green the city seems. The entire thing is so great.
Today I made it to the roof of our beloved building.
I followed building man Andy along with our CEO and he filled us full of horror stories of the building as he lead us to the roof.
(Experticity is shooting a commercial next week, and so we had to scout out a location)
Turns out the roof is one of the worst spots in all of Salt Lake, and maybe all of Utah, the worst.
As we stepped out of a little half door we were blinded by the white tarp that covered the entire thing.
My eyes will never be the same, tears, real tears were streaming down all of our faces.
It felt as though we had stepped onto another planet, a planet made of light. I feel like now I know what it is like to walk on the sun. The most miserable feeling in the world. There was no way to escape it. And because of the way the building is built there is no way to approach the edge and peer over, terrible.
Ah, even looking at that picture still makes my eyes sore.
But it made for a perfect Friday, to share a good cry with the CEO and Andy. Also I found out Andy (the building guy) is expecting a baby (Well, his wife) he was so excited to share the information with me, and I was so happy for that weird guy, he is a favorite.
Happy Friday, I hope your weekend kickoff is half as good as mine.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love that the rooftop was the worst.
Post a Comment