This is the most insane picture. . .
This is that I'm getting paid for.. .
Company meeting time! And I was in charge of scheduling a venue, Library had us book, and then canceled on us. The Leonardo didn't have room, and I desperately needed a place to hold a meeting with 200 people.
Then I remembered a night of poetry I had at the Off Broadway Theater.
A crummy little theater on main street no more then a block away from where we work.
I booked the entire thing through text messages, and was pleasantly surprised when there was someone there to unlock the doors and help us, a theater man, with an incredible mustache.
Tom, our CEO wanted to brainstorm ways as to how to have everyone better remember our numbers, our goals for the year.
So Drew and I came up with ideas, and Tom just goes with the flow.
Turns out the theater was putting on the production "Hunger Game of Thrones"
And had a massive throne on stage.
The picture shown is Drew and I holding up hula hoops with our goal numbers on them, the audience is throwing paper airplanes at us/into our hoops. (Drew said later that it felt like we had just done the worst performance of our lives and were being booed off stage)
Behind us on the thrown is our CEO, and next to him is a tattoo artist giving him a tattoo. A fake tattoo.
(making the point that we need to be serious about the goals and remember them, after the fact we gave everyone temporary tattoos with the numbers on them)
I successfully made our brilliant, multi million dollar company look like it was packed full of carnies.
Oh man, the entire thing is so comical to me.
At it is just a cherry on top is that I'm getting paid, the big bucks, the employees love it, and Drew is right at my side.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love your life.
Post a Comment