Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lengthen your Stride.

A sigh of gratitude as the weekend fades away. .
General Confrence, it is becoming every six months just the same post on how great it is to be a Mormon, but it really doesn't get old, if anything I appreciate it more and more all the time. 

And I feel the world turning, there are so many negative forces. 
Maybe it is just because I am growing up that I am made more aware, but maybe the world is getting worse. 

Social media is such a crazy new element to life. 
When I first started posting general conference insta pictures, I was very aware of the picture count as conference took place. 600 or so pictures were posted to instagram about conference when I first took notice like a year and a half ago. . . This time there was over 37,000. 
And as you turn on conference on TV and you hear the sound of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and you see shots of the square, the new addition is posting the LDSCONF hashtag. . . 

So sifting through the pictures becomes a bit of a challenge to find the posts that feel genuine, a post that is not a stupid meme, but the good posts are still out there, hundreds of them, and it makes me happy and feel united to know while I was lazy and did nothing between the conference break, this guy did some stretches. . . . 


I have no idea who that man is but I love him. And his buddy in the purple shirt? who the?


I can't imagine surviving a high school with Instagram and twitter. Suicide rates are higher now then ever with the High school age group. And my reasoning for why is because is it easier to be mean on line. 
(Here is a secret, I called someone 'an idiot' on instagram today because they were making fun of the Mormons, "Idiot" harsh, right?? But really, it was something I may have thought twice about if it was face to face. . . and honestly I feel like this idiot would have bitten their tongue if they were face to face too) Sending messages in to the great world web is quite easier to be mean, and harder to take back what you said. 

Also, instead of hearing about the parties you miss, now you are seeing the parties you missed, people fabricating lives that seem so perfect, I feel bad for the highschoolers. 
It makes me want to find a way to inspire the youth to gear away, to not care, to read the book 'The Hatchet"

Anywho. . . . 
There are pros and cons to the entire thing. . and one of the pros is I can feel like I am enjoying conference with everybody. 
There is something that almost brings me to tears when I think about all the people out there who are committed to being Mormon. I have had my ups and downs and I love people who are rough around the edges that don't give up. 
I love the idea of family. . a reason to all be in the same room lounging, it is like an a awesome adult version of the gradeshool read-a-thons.
 I love the frumpy moms and the crying babies and that everyone just ends up sleeping. 

So, to not disappoint you who like my general conference Instagram posts. . . these are your fall 2014 top photos. . . . 


Large mormon families, having babies and populating the world. . . . 
First time in three years? Wonder why.

This guy. . . (grandma  doesn't even have to be in the picture, you can tell she is there by just looking at the table)
The caption makes this one perfect. . . Eyrings. . . plural. 
Is Matt the husband? and she is trying to cook his rolls? thats great. 
And I love those upset kids. . so funny. 


Then there was these two guys, who are so content and proud.

No caption, just a hashtag. . . You can just tell by this picture the way the house was for conference, I wonder how many nieces he has. . Then again, it does make me laugh at the thought of him alone, and this is what happens. 

Her happy face. . . 

Look at these two with all their workout equipment decorating the house, and she is just thrilled to be with him. 



Not the 'Armor of God', just Armor, just because. . .

 Do they get dressed up to sit on the couch? Thats kinda endearing. .
 Mattress in the front room! Party!
 She has no idea how much she is loved. . .
 I don't know who 'grandpa' is. . but I love the idea that this is what all the speakers families are home doing. .
 Well, she is a riot. .
 That lazy Dad, so great.
This is the type of picture I wish all the mormon mommy bloggers would post. . . I love this mom, not even phased. 

What is this guy up to? How do I get this job?
 Oh no, I hope she had headphones in. . .
 The faces kill me. . .
 Cracks me up, especially with the caption.. .


There you go, it was hard to narrow it down, so many amazing lego posts, blanket forts and elaborate breakfasts. . so many hunting pictures with an LDSCONF hashtag, and I had no idea why. . . 

It was a great conference. Proud to be Mormon. 

6 comments:

Jen said...

You Certainly found Some GEMS!! I Love these posts you do.. The Guy in the Giraffe Onsie was a winner by far!

Hayley said...

So great, as always! And I agree I would hate being in high school these days, not only harder but less enjoyable. We took pictures and had to wait for them to be developed, no do-overs if you made an ugly face! Pictures were rare (compared to today) and way more realistic.

And I have so many memories that are completely undocumented, and I love that. The only people that get to experience those are the people who were there.

Joy said...

I LOVE THESE SOO MUCH!!!!!

Unknown said...

Table blockade. Genius!

Jenna said...

I love Conference more and more each year, and I love these posts!

ellenbush said...

This post (and the previous ones you have done) is a gem. I loved it! Had to show it to Gabe and look at all the pictures twice. I love Conference too, it's so edifying.

Powered by Blogger.