This is the pic of the day, maybe the pic of the summer.
I love Adam lurking in the shadows, my weird half smile, my out of control hair, our hoodies to protect us from the cold 7am air, the out of focus blue water, and the two of us at the head of the boat. It was a great day.
Me and the boys out on the boat, playing with all the toys, ramming the prop into rocks, pulling out manly tools and fixing the prop, flips and face plants, and bugs and watermelon.
I love Utah, I love manly water skiers.
3 comments:
Thank you for crimping your hair. So great.
Its definitely the pic of the summer
Did everyone make it here safely? Did we lose anyone along the way? I worry about you guys and your treasure map following skills. I’m trying to my best not to make it too hard, but still kind of thrilling. My friends always told me I was really good at toeing that line. I think one of my God-given talents is to carefully juggle peoples emotions. I’m naturally skilled at taking people on a calculated rollercoaster ride. I swing them around juuuust enough to make them nauseous, but not enough to make them barf. People love roller coasters. People love me. I’m not surprised.
So I have a pretty crazy situation going on today in my life. But before I dive into it I wanted to make some comments about this blog I’m posting on. Basically all I want to say about it is, don’t you love my crimped hair?
Anyway. Back to my somewhat stiiiiicky situation.
So a few years ago I moved into my beloved apartment in Salt Lake City. (See any and every post within the last three years for descriptions and photos) So over the years I’ve accumulated lots of fun things. I collected beautiful state plates. I loved, then lost the most comfy red sectional. I built, then destroyed a bunk bed. I had some of the most gorgeous curtains with animal print ties. The list goes on and on. Well as you can all probably relate with, as time passes peoples style changed. And here I am, in this moment in time where my style is going through puberty. But it’s awkward puberty. Like 9 year old gangly big feet girl awkward puberty. Most people just try not to pay attention to that stage. But I’m living in it. Let me describe my situation.
Right now I have two kitchen tables each with full sets of chairs. I have a new hideous rug that I’ve snuck under my original table. And I have some of the most beautiful art of dying sunflowers to kind of hodge podge up wherever I can find the space in the midst of all my old art. It gets more complicated. I have an expansive collection of DVD’s and a large wicker bookshelf that can barley hold them all. I think I’m going to box up my carefully collected glass goblets and put away my gold lined state plates to make room for all my cute picnic plastic dinner-wear.
This is a cry for help, fans.
I wouldn’t ever imagine posting something like this on my blog, blog. But things like this need a place to be discussed. I’m embarrassed and confused, and sort of excited about all this stuff going on in my apartment. Right now my only solution is to buy the apartment directly below me and just furnish it with all the extra stuff. If I do that though, I’m not sure how I’m going to pay for my trader joes treats and groceries.
Comment below this comment and let me know if you have any words of wisdom. Are there any hoarders out there who feel my pain? Actually, I’m sure none of you are hoarders.. And if you are, I wish you wouldn’t follow my blog. Hoarding is a mental illness, and a choice.
Look for my next post in 2014. ____________. _____________ the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you… gross guys.
Love you, keep on keeping my secrets, k?
-McKay
Post a Comment