Roller skates, Records, speakers for his computer, anything Vans and a hat rack.
So I started a quest for a cool hatrack.
And after no luck and little resources I decided to use my Dad's circle saw, and some lady tools and make my own.
With some Poplar wood from the home depot. (Is that right? poplar? it had this great greenish hue).
And a walkabout up the back yard ditch, I had all I needed.
First a wooden frame. . . .
It was tricky to get the wood that was on a slant in the right measurements.
But that problem was quickly resolved when I got another board and marked a line on it and would just cut the branches on the line slanted or straight. .
Can ya see the line? it made it easy. .
Then just nail em in.
Anywho. . . turned out better then I had wanted.
If you look close you will find all kinds of mistakes, but sometimes flawless things are annoying.
Can fit about 15+ hats, and it is quite sturdy if you wanted to put books or a gun, or action figures on top. (Whatever boys have in their rooms)
I love it. Kind of manly, kind of mountain-y, and packed full of love for Sam.
(Better final product picture coming soon)


4 comments:
I love that so bad.
I love that so bad.
This is the most gorgeous thing I have seen in a long time!! You are like a fine wine McKay, you get better and better the older you get. I adore you.
I love it. It's so unique and awesome. And I could totally see them selling this at some ultra hip store. Also, I love that you did something so sweet for your bro!
Post a Comment