Saturday, October 26, 2013

Feels like I'm falling. .

Driving down the road and seeing Princess Leia talking to Darth Mall on the side of the road is something we consider normal and don't even bat an eye this time of year and I find that so comical.

The facts are these:
-The trees on South Temple took quite a while to bloom when spring arrived in the city, but they are right on schedule with fall, and if you drive West bound on South Temple while the sun is setting it is quite hard to decipher if the gold is coming from the sky or the branches, it is stunning.

-The night air smells like fall, and it I am convinced that is a different make-up of air then the summer nights were filled with. A greater concentration of oxygen is my guess, because it makes one feel more awake, more alive.

-This Is The Place Monument park has followed suit and under the direction of the full moon, they have spooked out all of the pioneer homes making the park 'haunted'. But with the cheerfulness of the quaint pioneer homes, the level of fear can only amount to that of The Haunted Mansion at Disney Land, and it may have been the only haunted entertainment that I have ever immensely enjoyed.

-Everyone around me is sick, co-workers, friends, people I pass on the street, and I think it is my high spirits that defects the sickness. Of course I don't say this to the sick people around me, but fall is doing me right, nothing can stand in my way. Campfires at the church with perfect roasted marshmallows and camping trivia, hikes, climbing city fire escapees, long drives with The Cars, cuddling in blankets and watching PBS' Sherlock and always eventful DI trips.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.