Thursday, August 29, 2013

Reel Hooker Saloon (take two)

I was waiting for a video before I wrote a post about the saloon, but it is not happening. 
At one point in the program there was a little twangy country band that preformed "Country Roads" by John Denver, and everyone in the room was packed shoulder to shoulder, singing along and the music cut out and it was just us, filling the saloon with the sound of summer, the sound of being young and care-free, and for a second the world slowed down and I felt the spirit stronger then I have in months. That may be a bit dramatic and sac-religious, but it's true. 
I'm still going to try and get my hands on that video, it was amazing. 

I didn't think we could ever top the party that Drew threw LAST YEAR, but he did, it was amazing. 
With twice as many people, ghost stories, dancing, more dancing, demonstrations on phrenology, pie eating contest, more dancing, and singing, Porter Rockwell, and Lone Ranger . . we were up until 4 vacuuming up peanut shells and glass. 
















Drew made Syd Danielle and Myself lip-sing Lady Marmalade, he picked out our outfits and choreographed the entire thing. I freaken love wearing a corset.
I love that Drew loves to throw parties and I get to tag along.

I'll try and get the country roads video, but for now you can watch these sad little clips. . .
I know we look crazy, Whitney said "It looked like none of you knew the words"
 Little did Whitney know, it was none of us could breath in our corsets.
Good times, I love Saloon night.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.