Wednesday, June 26, 2013

North Fork

RaVoe made me. . . . No, "made" is a strong word. . . RaVoe got all excited about making a summer list, things to do, things to check off. So I made a list and Andie made a list to join the fun. . .

The only problem with this list is I am not the one to look back on any summer I've had and think "Oh shoot, I could have done so much more." or "I never got to do this" yadda yadda yadda. .
My mindset at the end of summer is always, "I can't believe I actually got accepted into that bike gang" or "How did I get that close to the fire and not burn my hair?" . . My life needs no planning, I (like Russell Bran) 'Go with the flow' and summer happens.

But I did make a list, just to keep track, in a way, of the Adventures of Summer 2013.
(Don't know what prompted me to capitalize "Adventure" maybe I should title the list that, or at least the cutesy scrapbook I make of all the pictures.)

And while I plan to review the things I've done on the list later, in more detail.
For now I felt a need to bring it up because in the past 24 hours I have knocked a few off with Mr Lee Chancey who is in town for a while.

We had a great day

#36- Stand out
#27-Look back
#92-Try the Mexican taco trucks by Sears
#28-Don't look back
#84-Hang out at the airport
#90-Play pool at a bar
#102-Hike to a waterfall


It wasn't until I got home that I realized I had knocked them off the list.

The Bar by Pine View Resivuar, The Shooting Star, was so completely adorable and Neal Diamond 'Forever in Blue Jeans' was the jam.
I think it would be so charming to own your own restaurant/bar/diner something like that.
I fall in love so quickly with people found running places like that, what a charming small life.

It was interesting too to stop by the Catholic monastery for a small bit. Apparently no young people are wanting to carry on the tradition of becoming a monk or nun and the place will be shutting down in the next few years. It is sad to think of those good people loosing a place so dear to them.
They shut down the bee hives last year because no one was buying the honey.

(I'm thinking about buying it. (watch for the "donate" button on the side of the blog coming soon))
Then maybe turning it into my own restaurant/bar/diner- It's a win win! Hell! I'd still let the monks live there, I bet they could make a great dishwasher!

I'll add it to the list. .






3 comments:

Whittron said...

oh man, kickstart the crap out of the buying the bees project, you would get funded for sure!

Sydnie said...

"Cutesy scrapbook."

Ouch.

McKayJoice said...

Syd-you know what I'm taking about. The Mormon mom buy a ton of crap, can't find the picture, books. The worst!

Powered by Blogger.