Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Yeah Right!"

I have become obsessed with the Monarch Butterfly Migration.
The pictures don't seem real, it is beauty beyond compare.
And the story of the butterfly is the most incredible part. The way they navigate, using the patterns of the sun, the wind and a map that implanted in their DNA.

It makes me believe in God all over again.

Soon, I plan to go down to see the butterflies.

Ken is in town, and together we went to a lecture given by two guys with the Lepidoptera Society (Butterflies) and then saw a movie on the Monarch Butterfly Migration (in 3D).
It was a magical night, to see the monarch butterfly's story.
Butterflies, in 3D swirling all around us in the theater had me fighting back tears.

It is so great to have Ken as a friend who completely understands what it is like to love insects.

As a parting gift he gave me a bouquet of syringes. It is, (in our opinion) the most humane way to kill insects. But syringes are SO HARD to find.
He even tied a little bow around them.
Such a perfect gift, that only people like us would love.
Makes me excited for summer.


5 comments:

sunshine said...

I would love to see the Monarch migration as well, although we have plenty of butterflies and insects in Costa Rica, that particular natural phenomenon have always inspire me!!!

Hope you make there soon!

Nathan said...

Goto San Jose, Costa Rica. Don't go into the city except in the day. (You're a woman. It's a different country. 'Nough said.)

Take the day tours and go on the Butterfly tour and see the Blue Morpho in person =) (For reference, review my pics from Costa Rica and my actual tour(s) there)

Also, there's a butterfly sanctuary in Niagara Falls. Just saying. If you need a reason to visit ;)

sunshine said...

Come to CR with me... I will be going from March 8th to the 18th, ur welcome to crash with me if you can get there, would love to show u our beauties and bugs!!!

McKayJoice said...

REALLY! I'll see what I can do!

Dustin James said...

mckay. i know you will see the butterfly migration someday. I just know it.

This is kylee.

Powered by Blogger.