I am a good worker, I volunteer to take the late shifts if someone is ill, I work hard, I am happy and helpful. . And a part of me believes that I am working this way because I want to move up to being a server, I want to take pride in my job.
But the real reason is because I have a helpless crush on my manager.
His perfect posture, his rock-climbing shoulders, his long hair he pulls back in to a pony-tail.
The way he can describe the Eggplant Quadratini makes me weak in the knees.
He has me wrapped around his finger, I'll do anything for him.
"McKay I'll let Justin go home and you can hang out here with me until ten, get some side work done and I'll let you go"
"Sure, sounds good" (me, trying to show him through my enthusiasm that I would do anything he asked of me)
Well, our relationship up until tonight has been strictly professional.
I even remember reading in the employing training that work employees couldn't date the manager because I have been smitten with him since my first interview with him.
(I've already committed to quitting my job after he falls in love with me so that won't be a problem)
But today I pulled my hair up in a bun, bobby-pinned my bangs back and wore some real hipster glasses.
I had a cute black dress and a gray cardigan.
(I host, I can wear whatever I want, and I look good when I go to work)
"He can't resist this!. . he can not resist this."
Today he says to me "McKay you look so different with your hair pulled back and glasses, like a librarian"
(I knew he wanted to say sexy librarian but couldn't at work)
Me-"hey! yeah, that was the look I was going for."
"Have you heard of My Morning Jacket?"
Me-"Yeah"
"You have?"
Me "Lance, I am a lot cooler then you think I am"
"Well, you would have to be really cool then, because I already think you are cool"
I can't remember my response to this, possibly some awkward giggle and an attempt to avoid eye contact (real smooth)
"they have a song called the Librarian"
Me- "I'll have to look it up"
"yeah you should"
And that was it. . . but I tell you what, this was a big step in our relationship.
His girlfriend is in big trouble. This song is all about the sexy librarian. And he thought of me. .
At this rate, we will be married in three months.
3 comments:
Ha ha ha !! I love the way u narrate things.makes even a stranger feel so connected to things ! Hats Off :)
Btw , At this rate you will have twins by next year :P Have a super happy family McKay]
I loved this post.
I am so glad I have your support.
Post a Comment