Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back in them days. . .


Last weekend Max and I took a little road trip down to see Grandma, stay a night in Faron Utah.


She is the most wonderful lady and her little trailer home is laced with her personality, it is so dang cute. I love being there.



Grandma pulled out some old movies and her old projector, we sat in the dark and watched old movies of my mom and my handsome cowboy grandpa from years ago.
Each film was only 2 or 3 minutes long, and had no sound. Grandma would narrate the entire thing, tell us who was who.
"oh, he was always crying, he was such a cry baby"
It was amazing to sit there and see footage of my mom as a baby, with the choppy viedo, and the hum of the projector.

We also helped clean out her shed, she gave max a bunch of records, and I inherited the accordion.
Grandma has been talking about giving it to me for a while, but I thought I had to wait until it was read in the will.

It was her mother's, this beautiful old accordion from Italy that works beautifully  I promised her I would learn how to play it. And that works out perfectly because I really only knew the right hand when I took piano lessons. I'm beyond excited.




Max- after we got home, in front of his house in Provo with one of grandma's cardigans.



Thus far I have learned one song on the accordion, and played it for Canadian Thanksgiving.
Leah took these pictures and I just love it, I was made for the accordion.
Great-Grandma would be so proud.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.