The 4th of July festivities have been going strong for two days now, and it somewhat saddens me that they have come to an end. The 4th is always a holiday that sneaks up on me and I always think there is more I could have planned. (shoulda made a key lime pie) Maybe that is a job for Moms, to coordinate BBQs and 'get a spot' saved on the curb for the parade, buy the family matching Old Navy t-shirts and one of those big packs of fireworks.
Maybe when I'm old and crazy I'll be better at that kinda shiz for the 4th.
But, for now, there is no better time to be alive as a young, beautiful talentented female, living in the heart of the city. To be free to run around by the seat of my pants on this magic day of freedom, fireworks, laying on the grass, riding my bike, red white and blue, and eatting good hardy american grub.
In a way I feel like the kids on Sandlot, when they ride their bikes to the sandlot to play ball underneath the firework's lights.
Footloose and fancy free, growing young together in the summer heat.
I just wish Billy Crystal could have been there to share it with us. Right Drew? Right.
1 comments:
oh, man, where did that sandwich come from?
Post a Comment