Thursday, July 26, 2012

Everyone find your mom. .

Sitting in a room with some high school girl friends and I am the only one who has not married and had not reproduced.

It surprises me to think that they are all Moms, they don't work, their life is children.
And when they travel, they do it with a heard of bags, and car seats, and changes of clothes. . .  and they have bed times, and nap times, and feeding times. . . shoot. It overwhelms me.

I left Lindsey's and on the way home I met up with Drew we went to DI, and then we spent over an hour in my favorite little used movie store. . and I was once again so overwhelmed by the life they live. They could never make a pit-stop like that on the way home.
All I have to eat in my house right now is oat meal and some leftovers. . they have to have treats, and meals and bottles on hand.

Shoot.

They were cute kids, and I don't doubt that being a Mom is rewarding.

But today I am glad that I'm not married, that when I end this blog and seeing that it is only 11:30 at night and I can go on a late night bike ride and not tell anyone where I am going.
To spend money on myself, travel when I want, and play slap and tickle with different boys. It is a selfish, fabulous life I lead.


It was real fun to see all of them, and the kids, everyone of them are awesome girls, and seemingly good moms. . . And it had been too long. 

2 comments:

sunshine said...

I know what you mean, I am married but I dont have or even plan to have any, but having lots of friends with kids makes me realize that your life changes forever and although I am sure it must rewarding, life is crazy as it is nowadays for more people in this world, so I am also happy with my life as it is and having a choice!

Anonymous said...

There's no hurry. We had ours when we were in our mid-30s and had done all of that fun, crazy stuff - and most importantly, we felt like we were ready. And yeah, they totally change your life, and as wonderful as they are, they can feel like a burden, but if you've got everything out of your system already, you think less about what you're missing out on and more about what they offer.

Powered by Blogger.