When people call a 'camp fire' a 'bonfire'
"Hey! You wanta come hang out we are going to Jimmy's house for a bonfire and roast some marshmallows!"
Maybe these people didn't grow up by Utah Lake, maybe these people are impressed when a flame reaches 4 feet tall, maybe these people were deprived as children and forced to only enjoy electric gas fire places.
Maybe these people weren't as lucky as me to have a Dad who after Christmas takes the dead tree and sets the entire tree in flames 10 feet away form the house.
A bon fire is when you find 50 pallets, two old couches, and it takes four trucks to load it all out to the sandy beach and along with gallons of gasoline you set 70 foot flames in the air.
A fire that can be seen from 20 miles away, a fire that will melt your face, a fire that makes you want to shed your closes, put on war paint and dance.
Don't get me wrong, there is few things in this life more romantic then a campfire, campfires are a true staple in my summer- I love them, but can we just call it as it is?
And now for the picture of the day-
This is great, (Thanks Kylee)

4 comments:
I hate this too! When I lived in Rexburg, I knew where the bonfires were based off of who was inviting me to go. Girls and their FHE brothers at the sand dunes = campfires. Local boys from Ririe and Rigby on their parents farm = insanely huge bonfires.
that's how I feel when people blame traffic on "rubberneckin"
Hate it.
your welcome
Amen Amen. And that picture blew my mind.
Post a Comment