I turned my head and pretened not to notice as Co-worker X (whos name will not be mentioned) boxed up my sallad and proceeded to write a little note on the top of the to-go box to me. Bless his heart, he aked me out and after a gentle turn down still is trying to . . . to, who knows what he is trying to do.
I grabbed my salad and hit the streets for my walk home, the same walk I take every day.
But today, it might have been the new Simon and Garfunkel in my ipod, or maybe it was the good weather, but it was hopping!
City Creek Mall opens tomorrow, I finally got to look behind the big black tarp to see an entire row on dancing fountains, and it makes my heart skip a beat I'm so excited.
As I walked about ten feet Out of Blue Lemon I had to curve my path because channel 5 news is out on the streets, most likely talking about the mall.
As I hit temple square I see a new bum, one that I had never seen before, so I gave him my chicken salad, and laughed as I walked away and realized that the salad still had a little love note written on the top, that I never got a chance to read.
As I approached the light I ran into Johnny (from the ward) headed home from work, and then rounding the corner by the market who comes out of the market doing a little grochery shopping? M Russell Ballard. He had to step out of the way to avoid my up-beat, life-is-amazing walk.
I pushed Russell out of the way! No time for you Russell, spring is here, City Creek is opening and I am alive!
It was such a great walk home. A mire 15 minutes that made day.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
okay, I think I may move to Utah, just so I can have stuff like that happen to me too! :D
Please, please stop pushing our apostles around.
hqahahahaha!!! Thank you for this amazing post!!!!
oh my gosh.. i had the biggest crush on that newscaster when i was around the age of 5. I can't believe you saw him in real life.
Love this! All of it.
Post a Comment