Saturday, February 18, 2012

The beginning of the end.

A roommate got a gift card for Wallmart from her parents for Christmas.
(obviously her parents don't love her)
So late last night I tagged along with her to get some groceries, and I needed to pick up a new battery for my car-unlocker-key-chain- thing. Is that the right name? . . .It is? good.

I hate Walmart.

The one in Salt Lake is located in a trashy part of town.
Being there gives me anxiety. None of the employees have ever been helpful to me, half of them are too old or less accountable. And while that is inspiring that they are giving these people a chance in life, I need someone to answer my questions, I need someone to help me when I want it.

Leah and I stopped this Lady and I showed her the battery size I was looking for,
with a quick glance at my battery she said "no, we don't carry that kind"
I didn't say anything to her I just turned to Leah and said "I'll meet you up front I'm just going to go find the battery from the back"

Walked back and found the exact size I needed, in two different brands.

Stupid.

I walk by the children's toys and there is so much plastic crap, it all makes loud noises and they all have these bold tacky colors. Cheap, that's all I can think- CHEAP.
What happened to cloth baby dolls and little red wagons?

The produce is a poorly maintained nightmare, and as I walk the isles of the food I just get discouraged, it's trash filled with sugar and preservatives. Sure, things are great prices, but do we really need to be buying 5 bags of chips?

The clothes, are cheap, and they sure are hanging on strong to the Looney Tune pajamas. . . Who is buying this stuff?

But there lies the problem, that place is packed full of weird-os who actually are buying this stuff.
And maybe that is a harsh statement, but if you take a trip to the Salt Lake Walmart you will see what I am saying. Every isle has a fat lady in a motorized scooter. When I went in last night it was a mother and daughter, both zipping away, discussing the good deals they were finding in matching scooters.

Fat people who clothe themselves in the weird clothes they find there, and eat the garbage they buy there.
Buying crap just because it is on sale. Stuffing their houses full of crap.
People who live their life day by day, in the moment, so content with cheap crap.

I blame Wallmart for the TV show Hoarders.

I think everyone could live on less then half the stuff they own. Myself included.
That place is packed full of lies, lies that this is what you need to be happy, cheating you into thinking you are getting a good deal.
Why buy a crappy bookshelf from Wallmart? It will fall apart in 3months. Use your money to buy something that will last.

Did you know that Walmart wouldn't sale the Burt's Bees products because they were too expensive.
Burt's Bees changed the product, made some shortcuts, so they could sale it cheaper.
Dumbing down the product to be able to move more of it.
I was going to attach the article I read about it here, yet I can't find it online anymore. . . figures.

Just thoughts.

Today I went to Whole Foods, oh man I love that store, I have been going twice a week, just because.
Tomorrow I'm getting up early to take Leah for her first time, so excited.

In Whole Foods I just feel like the world is a better place, that there is hope for the human race.
It's like we are all together fighting to make the world healthier.
People who care about themselves roam the isles with a sense of refinement.
Yes, that would include the extremest who have gone all hippie, crazy and vegan and are so far gone in the opposite way of being "organic" or "green" but I'll take them over the fatty dragging her oxygen tank at Wallmart any day.

Can I admit here, that I have been using this great organic Shampoo, and today I dyed my hair with henna, and it was amazing.

Look how great this little boxed hair dye is. And 100% Pure Botanical Color? That is just great, I don't exactly know what it means, but just it feels like someone cares about my hair, giving it all the Pure Botanicals it needs, none of that fake Botanical shiz!

The best part is that there is no picture of the color of the dye you are buying, just an awesome picture of an African Animal. . . sweet.
I might never use anything besides Henna to dye my hair from now on.
A nice Sitatunga brown color.
(Side note: I'm never going blond again, I look at pictures and decided I was an idiot.)


So that about sums up my thoughts these past few days, just needed a space to go mental for a second.

5 comments:

Heather said...

hahaha!! I agree with you 1000%. ( yes, that is one thousand percent.) You should hear my mother go OFF about the walmart near our house in Texas ( imagine a bunch of red neck hicks plus all those things you said. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas... just not the walmarts in Texas.) I LOVE that you mentioned the loony toons clothes and the cheap plastic toys everywhere. haha. Your comment about the show "Hoarders"... brilliant. Target is MUCH better. Oh I hate Walmart.

sunshine said...

I am still laughing about your description of Walmart and it's all true and so funny.

On the other hand I love Whole Foods, wish we had one here in the Cayman Islands!

Can u send me one of those Henna, those look amazing, can't wait to see your new hair color!

Lolene said...

But McKay, darling, I was probably that fat woman in the power chair! (You knew I had a bad car wreck, didn't you...well, maybe not!) I say huzzah for Wal Mart and all those third-world, shoddy products. How else will we poor folk survive????

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Ok I despise walmart. In bakersfield they are all nasty!!!! I can't believe the people that shop there. Once my friend was in line and this lady in front of her just peed on the ground!!!! The lady looked down and just stepped to the side so she wouldn't have to stand in her own pee. Nasty. The only grocery shopping near us is Walmart or Target. I always pick Target.

McKayJoice said...

Oh Lols! I had no idea you were a car wreck, scooting around Walmart!

You are so dang funny, You sound juts like my Mother!
Next time you are in Salt Lake swing by the Walmart, it is hard to breath in there!
I'm coming to see you soon, I miss the red rock.

Powered by Blogger.