Friday, January 6, 2012

Burn brighter then the sun.

This week I visited Whole foods five times. Only one of those five times did I buy something.
Somthing about that store makes me feel so city. The parking garage, with the fancy elevators, the smell of the supplements on the supplement isle, the people. I just like to be there.

I bought some organic shampoo, and it makes me feel so hip.

I was in Whole Foods today and there was a lady next to me with these wicked cool shoes, all indie/hip/city. . and then I realized- my shoes were just as cool, maybe cooler, and thats when it happened. . I felt like I was one of them.
I don't feel like a guest in Salt Lake anymore, and now that the lights are turned off at temple square, the traffic and the streets are back to the way they were. The people are gone, Christmas is over and I'm still here. I love it.
I might go all green and hippie and conform to being soaked in the beautiful city life here. I can't remember the last time I went to Walmart and that makes me so happy to conform to that snooty group too.
(Also because the Salt Lake Walmart seriously scares me, there are freaky A people who dwell there, seriously)


Ok, ready for the weekly special at Blue Lemon this week?. . this will seriously knock your socks off. .

Pomegranate Winter Salad. 

Mixed greens, (a hint of arugula), feta cheese, gala apples, candied Almonds, Pomegranate, Fennel (pictured below, has a little taste of liquorice) and a Warm Maple Vinaigrette. .

Oh man, oh man. . so good, with a warm dressing on the cold salad, the cheese, the fresh crunch of the Fennel and the hardy crunch of the Almond. . . so dang good.
Do your life a favor and see if you can throw this masterpiece together.

I love food, and there is nothing more satisfying to me then an amazing meal that is also fresh and healthy.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.