Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a creep. . .

The city is full of a weird winter warm, perfect weather for holding hands. . . . Cold enough that the hands don't sweat, yet warm enough that your finger tips don't freeze, that you don't need a pocket or gloves to keep them comfortable. Just saying.

I have been reading a lot and writing a lot, and thinking a lot, and falling in love with everything easily, and finding so much joy in simple things, morning e-mails, nostalgic music, sock monkeys.
I have been pinning back my bangs, and it makes me feel more grown up.
I love the way my body works, the colors my eyes can see, how my teeth are strong enough to crush gumballs, how my hair swoops over my face right after I blow it dry.
And everyday as I walk the streets, I fight the urge to dance to the music in my headphones.

The journey of 'discovering the city' will never end.
The list keeps growing as I try to check things off.

Tonight- Hatches, (the chocolate store in the Avenues run by the midgets, small people, whatever)
The hot chocolate tasted like soup, thick, sweet, warm chocolate soup. . so good.


Then later we walked out of late night sushi tonight to find the city streets being thrown apart form mother nature's wind. Extreme weather forces you to be right in that moment and no place else, it was great to watch the people of the streets run for cover, crazy.

2 comments:

Haley said...

If you haven't yet, you need to go to Gourmandise on 300 East between 2 and 3rd South. TO. DIE. FOR!

McKayJoice said...

Good to know! I'm on it.

Powered by Blogger.