Friday, December 16, 2011

Occupy Salt Lake

I don't know much about the occupy wall street, because I DON'T CARE.

I do know recently the Occupy Wallstreeters in Pioneer Park Salt Lake got kicked out of the park because a man died. . Some say it was alcohol poisoning, some say it was the heater in his tent, either way they got kick out, and there were a small few who relocated to Main Street in Downtown, right by the channel 2 news building.

(I also have been keeping up with the Colbert Nation on the issue. . But that is about the extent of my knowledge or concern. )


But today Sara and I were walking by the tents, and got invited in to the tent to join the cause, to expand the voice, to fight for what is ours.
The guy we talked to was maybe 18, held a joint in his hand as we spoke, and on his old cereal box he had written a message of dedication and zeal. Bless his little heart.

How stupid do you have to be to camp out in the cold wanting your small pot-head voice to be heard?
To miss school, to miss work, to have an eternal camping trip in the middle of the city.
They are just mad that they have to make a effort to make money.
It is annoying and stupid. I asked them how long they plan to stay out there in the cold, and they said back loud and proud "how ever long it takes!"

but as I think about it. .  a chance to camp in the middle of the city, in a tent village of weird-Os, sounds super fun.
I can't promise that I won't be taking a tent down there next week. I'm serious. It will be like an ultra-mini Woodstock, only 10x more cold, no music, and I don't see myself getting high.
Never give up! Never surrender!




2 comments:

Bethany said...

If you are interested in learning more about the Occupy movement, my brother and sister are way knowledgeable about it. I'd love for you to have the right facts about it.

McKayJoice said...

Send it to me! I'd love to read it!
McKayJoice@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.