I just got back from the new Twilight movie.
"What? McKay? That movie doesn't hit theaters until tomorrow!" -you say.
I know! My roommate won four tickets to see the 8:00 showing. . . with a vampire pizza party before.
So yesterday, to get ready, we sat down for 6+ hours and watched all the twilight movies in a row, to get in the mood, to be ready. I told my mom we were watching them, and she asked "you're watching them without the riff tracks?!" -with a very surprised tone.
Yes, without riff tracks, for 6 hours. .
I'd like to say I liked it, I'd love to insert here what I learned when opening up to something new, but truth is- The first ten minutes were kind of fun, and only the first ten minutes. . the rest was torture. When you are watching the twilight series with two girls who are OBBSESSED with the entire thing, you gotta keep your mouth shut when you have rude things to day.
. . . and it is OH so hard!
It was fun to all go out on the city streets together, it was fun to have a jam packed night without having to pay a dime. It was fun to win a big tub of popcorn. (Movie popcorn is like cocaine to me, I can't help myself)
"My diet starts tomorrow. . . OUR diet starts tomorrow!"
But oh man that movie is so bad, so insane, so bad.
And I'm not saying that to be cool, I really wanted to find the good in it. The past two days I really wanted to find out if I was going to be a 'Team Edward' girl or a 'Team Jacob' girl, I mean I don't have to LOVE them to have a preference for one over the other, right?
But honestly I can't like either one of them, I really struggle to find something good to say.
The best part was watching the preview for Sherlock Homes, now that is a quality movie!
The entire ride home they all talked about their favorite parts, about when they looked the hottest. . . oh man.
I just sat and listened, I didn't want to destroy their innocent, naive, notion of fun.
So my advice is to save your money, don't go. Or go, whatever, I don't care.
I do feel closer to my roommates, we bonded, that's all that matters right? Right.

5 comments:
your face in that last picture is priceless!
You should watch my sister and I's video review we posted on FB. I think you'll find you agree with some of the points.
I wonder why our brother, Casey, wasn't cast as Jacob.
AHH! I can't wait for Sherlock Holmes!!!!!! That I would camp outside for/see early/dress up like him. That would be cool- with a cigar and great glasses and everything.
I read the second book of the Twilight stuff and quit. I don't know which is worse the books or the movies, but I get to have a date out with the girls, and that's fun.
You KILL me! How in the world did you keep your mouth shut?! I can't even imagine McKay in that kind of setting. I am shocked they got you to participate in such an event. But then again, you are McKay. You try anything. That is why we love you.
Post a Comment