I have been walking to work for almost two months, past temple square.
I have watched the seasons turn from summer to fall and now winter is setting in.
And daily there are workers out on the square digging up flowers, planting new flowers, grooming trees, cutting grass, raking up leaves. . . so busy all the time.
And for the past three weeks or so they have been busy with Christmas. . . I remember the first time I saw the worker standing next to his cherry picker with boxes of lights I got all giddy and said "Oh! Christmas lights! That is so exciting!"
And he grumbled "yeah, for YOU."
Rude. Rude and true, that poor man had to cover every branch of that tree with a strand of lights, that has to take forever.
And today, the day after Thanksgiving, the lights went on!
I have the apartment to myself for the weekend, and I was just going to go down by myself and walk around. Then I saw that Whitney was in town. (I stalk her on google latitude)
So her and Nate came too, we got hot drinks and joined the mass crowds of people shuffling around in the cold. . twas a good night.
I might go every night. .
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Look, it's three of my favorite people!
Happy Birthday and Patrick wants to see your bugs.
Shoot, that means I'll just have to make a trip to Texas! Ok, Tell Patrick my bugs and I are on our way!
Post a Comment