I think everyone needs alone time. I do, I know I do.
When I was young or when I would babysit like crazy, kids would be sent to 'time out' to "Go think about what you did wrong"
I like that, we should still have that. A time to think about what we are doing wrong, or right or whatever.
And I'm not talking 'I drove alone down to Provo' time alone. I'm talking about a planned activity for you yourself and I.
At Blue Lemon I love, and am so intrigued, by the people who come in alone.
They order a meal, and sit and take time to enjoy eating.
Some bring their ipad and do some work, some have books, but most of them just sit, and eat.
These are the people I want to be my friends.
Today there was a man who came in. He was late twenties/early thirties and was looking sharp, like Jcrew sharp, like he owned a small country sharp. He ordered the Lemon Grilled Steak and folded his jacket over the chair beside him as he sat down. Then pulled out a comic book novel and read as he ate.
I almost interrupted his meal to ask for his hand in marriage. I thought he was great.
There is a confidence they emanate.
And I think they are better people because of it.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lovely and thoughtful post.
A few months ago I went out to eat at Macaroni Grill on my own. I also like people who go see movies on their own, but we have already discussed this.
Post a Comment