Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome to the Good Life

Today the world is at my fingertips.

I sat on Trax this morning headed to work, watching the world wiz by, pretending for a moment like I was headed into New York or Seattle to work. . and that I had a very important note in my pocket.

Then when reality hit, as I arrived in Downtown, it was better then the world I was day dreaming about.
Salt Lake holds a optimistic glow, especially in the morning time. And all around you are people, all walking with important notes in their pockets. The sounds of street do the exact same thing to my soul as the song Barcelona by Queen does. It is hard not to dance as I walk.

And as I stepped out of the Trax's car I felt just like Meg Ryan walking down the streets of New York (being infatuated with the e-mails she had been receiving from Tom Hanks, in You've Got Mail -ya know?)

My job is wonderful, I stare at the temple all day while making small talk with the people of the city.

The only people who come in are Business men, Construction workers and Missionaries. It's heaven.

Some day I will have a business man all to myself. I decided that this week.
(replacing my old goal of "I need a real harry man" I think it is a sign I'm growing up. Right? Right.)

After work I taught an awesome group of people how to play scatterball in this wicked cool church, I love that game. I can not write how much I love it. And I love it even more when you teach it to a group of people who catch the vision of how wonderful the game is, and really get into it. Today involved Tongan boys.

Then to end the day- cards with friends.

Life is good, the church is still true, and I'm going to start from this moment forward thinking of myself as a "city girl" I hope you are all Ok with that.

1 comments:

Ky said...

I always knew you were a city girl.

Powered by Blogger.