Monday, September 19, 2011

Eat. Run. Sleep? Repeat.

Napa Valley Ragnar 2011 WU-TANG!!

Together we ran 186 miles. In two vans, with little sleep, lots of water and mountains of laughs.

There were a few moments that really stuck out to me-
ONE- Waking up in the Burton's San Fran apartment and thinking of what I was about to walk out of the door and do. And having no emotion towards it, and then getting nervous that I was not nervous.

TWO- Curling up in the middle of a baseball field to attempt to sleep, and thinking "I have no idea where I am right now" . . .I knew I was in California, but that was about it. We had been running all day and there was no telling at this point how far we had come or in what direction.

THREE- Waking up in a Van, only two hours of very uncomfortable sleep to stiff legs and knowing that I had a 8 mile run to do in less then two hours. And then looking outside van at rows of vans FULL of people trying to sleep that had to wake up and run in a few hours, and in that moment feeling like I had been brain washed.

FOUR- Completing my all my legs. Felt so good. 16 miles total. I am AMAZING.

FIVE- After we had all showered and were done for the day we went to eat at the cutest little place that was just a hop skip and a jump from the Burton's. And sitting around the table laughing and talking about the day, filling our bodies with real food, and all on a high and bonded through this amazing thing we all had accomplished together. There are very few moments in my life that feel as good as that did.


Also things that should not be forgot. . Not so much for your entertainment, but for my memory-
-Homeless chasing Syd.
-Maren's AMAZING parallel parking skills
-The perfect water bottle throw.
-The perfect fog-free view of San Francisco
-Stow N Go!!
-Beautiful People
-Syd swerving on the freeway
-The "cool vests"
-Trail mix, string cheese, and sandwiches made from the back of the van.
-Baby wipe shower
-"look at the meat head!"
-The stupid running bananas
-late night pasta
-Annoying lat night Happy Birthday songs
-Syd making weird sounds in her sleep
-The labyrinth of jungle to get to Brett's apartment
-Spilling the trail mix.
-Eatting Grapes from the vine at 3am
-Kimball making friends as he runs a 7min mile
-My body being scared I was going to make it run again.
-Chinese man at the Tart to Tart
-Captain Jimmy
-Slap bracelets
-Double Decker Airport Terminal
-"How do you say that?" . . "Odyssey".
-Trendy music at the crape place
-Spotting Maren night running
-My Pajama style Wu-tang shirt
-Running in Italy


It was so much more then just running, and it was more then just being with good friends.
It was all of us with these amazing bodies working together to accomplish something hard.

Great. Just Great. I might even join the fad and put my Ragnar car Sticker on Rav.
And Now for more pictures. . . (I'll put them ALL on my facebook soon for those who care)














3 comments:

Whittron said...

amazing! good work!

Jen said...

You Are Amazing, I can't even begin to tell you how much. :)

McKayJoice said...

You are amazing jen, thanks.

Powered by Blogger.