Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ting Ting

I'm crazy about this cat. It is so amazing how different she is from Lucille. (our first cat)
Lucille liked to curl up next to you, she would hide from the world and take long naps, she barley would meow and was so warm and kind hearted.
Ting Ting has a evil spirit of spunk in her. Any door that opens she runs to go through, including cupboards, the fridge, any window or door. She will stand up on her back legs, try to attack human legs as they climb up the stairs.

And every morning she climbs the tree to get on the roof, to stick her head into Sam's blinds and whine into his room to let her in.
She follows the sprinkler trenches around the yard, plays mind games with RaVoe, and has multiple times fallen off the couch in the middle of her nap.
And even though she won't cuddle up to you she is always next to you. She'll sit and watch RaVoe garden the entire time she is out there.
She is crazy, crazy wicked awesome. I'm convinced there is no other cat like her. 

*Side note- I'm still not considering myself a "cat person." 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you back. I ran to your sister's blog when I saw yours closed and thank her in this post as well for her response!

Since I've always lurked on you and your sisters blogs until recently I have to admit how I found your blogs.

My now 14 year old daughter, had a really rough time being LDS 2 years ago. The girls were cliquish, she was miserable in young women's and was just having an all around bad time with it. She really wanted to go inactive. I kept telling her that there are Mormon girls that aren't awful, or mean, or barbie encased in a Utah jello mold out there, but I honestly couldn't find one in my area of Salt Lake.

Then I made a comment at work, and was given your blog as a "real Mormon who loves music, living and being normal." That is how she described you. It fit. My daughter still reads your blog, and I've gotten attached to it as well. She now realizes even if she is different, she's not alone in wanting to travel, and be happy with who she is, not what everyone else wants her to be. That if she wants to be vegetarian, read philosophy and paint her little heart out, she doesn't need any approval but her own heart. (And honestly McKay, it's good to see a young woman like you, not in a rush to be married and settled with kids so early in life. Which is what we are hoping to teach our kids. This is why we love your blogs!)

We also ran out and rented Julie and Julia, and I have to say Julia would have LOVED your blog, so there'd be no reason to close it down ;)

Thanks for teaching an impressionable girl and her mom, how to not give into peer pressure and accept the heart and soul, with the mind and STILL be LDS.

Julie

McKayJoice said...

This may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you for reading. Thank you for your comment, I don't even know what to say. It just warms my heart so much, I love that my blog is sending that message.

You are so sweet. Thank you.

Nat said...

you totally are a cat person.

Whittron said...

I love the mind games she plays with RaVoe. And I love your comment, Julie, thanks for the love!

sunshine said...

Lovely post and the cat is just adorable!!!

Powered by Blogger.