This is a very difficult topic to write about, specially because most people cannot remain objective about it and don't wanna try to see the issue from different points of view.
To me, it all comes down to respect for ourselves and others, love all as brothers and sisters just as God loves us all no matter what.
I have learned that it is impossible to try to discuss this topic with someone who no longer has/does not have a testimony of the gospel of Christ (like your friend--he obviously does not have a testimony of latter day prophets and that their words are the words of Christ and latter-day scripture and therefore would value no argument against gay-marriage that is centered around religion). So you are right, all we can do is love and hold tight to what we know to be true.
Ha, oh anonymous, why are you anonymous? At least Mckay is brave enough to state what she believes and put her name on it. I loved your post Mckay! Does he also know that in the last days evil will be professed as good and good as evil? And does he know that homosexuality is condemned explicitly in several scriptures? It really rubs me wrong when people say that GOD wants gay marriage. How could gay marriage ever be exceptable in His plan? I don't understand. But they are wonderful people with wonderful qualities and I'm sorry if members of the church are not as compassionate, we should be better at that. This post is terrible Mckay, terribly great! :)
6 comments:
you go, McKay!
This is a very difficult topic to write about, specially because most people cannot remain objective about it and don't wanna try to see the issue from different points of view.
To me, it all comes down to respect for ourselves and others, love all as brothers and sisters just as God loves us all no matter what.
I have learned that it is impossible to try to discuss this topic with someone who no longer has/does not have a testimony of the gospel of Christ (like your friend--he obviously does not have a testimony of latter day prophets and that their words are the words of Christ and latter-day scripture and therefore would value no argument against gay-marriage that is centered around religion). So you are right, all we can do is love and hold tight to what we know to be true.
This is terrible. The post, not the guy just trying to be happy.
Wellp, it is how I feel. I'm trying to be happy too.
Ha, oh anonymous, why are you anonymous? At least Mckay is brave enough to state what she believes and put her name on it. I loved your post Mckay! Does he also know that in the last days evil will be professed as good and good as evil? And does he know that homosexuality is condemned explicitly in several scriptures? It really rubs me wrong when people say that GOD wants gay marriage. How could gay marriage ever be exceptable in His plan? I don't understand. But they are wonderful people with wonderful qualities and I'm sorry if members of the church are not as compassionate, we should be better at that. This post is terrible Mckay, terribly great! :)
Post a Comment