Saturday, August 27, 2011

Always an Adventure. .

Guess what I've been up to? It's always an adventure, and in this case a inconstant, mess of emotion - adventure.

This blog is not the place to share all of that emotion with out be able to maintaining my image as the pulled-together stunningly beautiful girl you see before you.

But the facts are these- Tonight I fell in Love. I'm talking heart swirling/giddy/nothing else in the world matters, L. O. V. E. With beautiful, enchanting Salt Lake City.

Now please don't let this be the part where you roll your eyes and think I'm being facetious. I'm being as serious as a dead dog on Christmas morning.

I don't know if you have heard of the little place called Blue Lemon? They have had a restaurant open in Highland for about 3 years now, and this past year they opened another one right across the street from temple square, as a part of the new city center.

Today I started work there.

And when you take all the things I have loved about working as a server- and then combined it with the city, it brings everything to life. As I served food to the outdoor paido I was standing in the shadow of the temple, I watched it as it turned to gold with the setting sun, and then lit up when the night fell.
The tracks would wiz past the front windows, and men in suites were on every street corner.
Then just to top things off ALL the food at this place is all Organic, and most of it is locally grown, and the people I work with are wonderful. (thus far)

As I walked off my first shift, I had to walk about 5 blocks to get to my car.
The crosswalk signs were chirping and the hum of tracks was echoing through out the buildings. And in that moment I fell in love, like I never have before with Salt Lake.
I was so giddy and smiley as I walked, not caring about anything in the world but the beat of my own heart.

So alive. So grown up.
I don't know at what point in my life that I will finally accept that I am an Adult, this was a moment that almost pushed me over into believing I was.

But my mind is in a whirl. . Because (ready for a stick to be sent into the spokes of this beautiful blog post?)

I also started a job in Provo. . . . AND just signed a contract for a house in Provo.

What am I thinking!?!

(poor little rosa!)

I'll tell you what I was thinking! I was thinking that Salt Lake had no room for me! I was thinking that the world of Salt Lake was harsh for not showing me any bit of interest as I looked for jobs, and walked through house after house looking for a place to stay. Salt Lake didn't want me there, and with a regretful heart I took the hint and committed to Provo. And the moment I showed my dear X-love Provo that I was ready to try again, it welcomed me back with open arms and everything started to fall into place. Lindsey Stirling and I are living together!!


So after Blue Lemon sits on my resume for over a month they call.
And after the interview went so well and things happened so fast, it was impossible to turn down a job after being rejected all summer.

And the house I got in Provo just rolls my socks off it is so amazing. And a really great price.

Life, is so hard right now. I'll see how things play out this next week. Go to church and see what area has the cutest guys, I'm sure my mind will be a lot more clear after I see the selection they have to offer.

Life is so hard right now.

1 comments:

Jessica Lynne said...

Don't panic! It sounds like you have some great choices... And none of them are wrong, just different.
Always do what you love. Good luck, and I hope you end up super happy!

Powered by Blogger.