I had made two bad choices at this point.
One- leaving the camping group, and going off by myself.
I thought that two of the sober boys I was with were planning on sleeping in this meadow, and that would be there if I hiked to it. So I braved the 15 min hike in the dark forest with the hope that I would find the boys at the top.
Then upon discovering that I was alone, and having no idea were the boys where, I set up my sleeping bag and snuck down into it, thinking I could just enjoy the night sky. Alone.
The second thought-less choice I made was making a mental decision that my stargazer laser was defense enough in the event of a bear/moose/mountain lion attack. I remember having the serious thought at the beginning of my hike "This would hurt like crazy if I shined it right into my eye, I'll just shine it in the beast's eye, and he will be too blind to chase after me! Genius."
And there I lay, out of cell phone receptions security grasp, listening to every sound. Scared stiff, laying in my sleeping bag.
The group I was meant to camp with was at the bottom of the trail at our camp site. Over half of them I have never meet before. When I pulled up the camp ground there was 3 cop cars, giving out tickets to the under age drinkers, and interrogating me as I came in as to my age, and whatnot.
I realize now this is the first sign that the party you are about to enter is something to avoid.
I've been to a few drunken parties, I have a good handful of friends who are keen on the "wacky-tabacky".
But never anything like this, crazy drunken party with loud music, fire dancing, sex, foul language and drugs, drugs that most people don't ever see in their life time. Drugs that would make your mother cry. Drugs that make it seem like hiking up a trail to sleep alone among the bears and mountain loins is a better alternative then standing there for another second.
So I laid there alone, for a good while, playing with my laser and talking to myself so I wouldn't get scared. Then when fear refused to let me sleep, I built up the courage to head down the hill, and left.
I walked in my house at about 3am last night. Disappointed in people I thought were decent, people who could be great but are just losers. People who I don't care one bit about cutting off all contact with.
Never again, never again.
I realize now this is the first sign that the party you are about to enter is something to avoid.
I've been to a few drunken parties, I have a good handful of friends who are keen on the "wacky-tabacky".
But never anything like this, crazy drunken party with loud music, fire dancing, sex, foul language and drugs, drugs that most people don't ever see in their life time. Drugs that would make your mother cry. Drugs that make it seem like hiking up a trail to sleep alone among the bears and mountain loins is a better alternative then standing there for another second.
| This would have been cool to watch if you were high, she was dang good. |
I walked in my house at about 3am last night. Disappointed in people I thought were decent, people who could be great but are just losers. People who I don't care one bit about cutting off all contact with.
Never again, never again.
3 comments:
WOW! Sorry to hear about your experience, but gladly it was one of those experience that you lived to tell the tale and remember "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
Have a great day and catch up on your sleep!!!
I would say this classifies you as not only the most beautiful child of that Orem mother, but the smartest too!
Good for you standing up and leaving! I hope my children are as strong when their time comes!
You are amazing, and I miss you.
Post a Comment