Wednesday, June 22, 2011

He is still Home!!

Sorry to do another post, in the same day, about the same thing. But there was just so much excitement at the house today, everyone in such a good mood. Watching Sam tell stories is the best, his laugh is so great to have back in the house, so great.

And we joke all the time about how we are all returned missionaries, (all but Andie). But with all the joking aside, it really is such an amazing thing. I love when we all sit on the deck and laugh it up Whitney will say "Oh, yeah that never would have happened in Romania!" Or mom says "I wish we would have had that when I was a missionary" And we can totally relate to his stories of weird companions, and crazy investigators.
And when he stands to bear his testimony before he gets released, we all know with the few sincere words he says that he understands how amazing the gospel is.

I have the coolest family, and the coolest younger siblings that I want to be just like when I grow up.

Now for some more pictures. . .

This is what Max's face looked like all day. 

Another family picture because Sam closed his eyes in all the airport pictures. .
Also: I spent some quality time this week sewing that triangle banner/flags/whatever thing for the deck.
It is quite the popular craft to do now-a-days, but it really is so dang cute. (Mine is the cutest one I've seen yet, it turned out fabulous.)

Family dinner with Casey who spent the entire day with us, Casey is such a stud. (Riana you would have been so impressed with this timer spot)

All the primary kids made this banner for Sam, a few came by to see him.
And, of course RaVoe had the house perfect. . . . complete with crazy welcoming decorations.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I thought I heard a big celebration in the back yard. My niece came home from her mission on Monday, too.

Happy days!

Whittron said...

not only did max have that face all day, he also photo-bombed everyone with that face taking pictures at the airport.

I think I am looking at Sam in that picture to make sure his eyes really are open.

I love your banner!

Powered by Blogger.