S: What things did you have to get done before you came?
Me: Do you want the truth?
S: Yeah.
M: I had to tame a wild cat.
S: What?
M: I'm being dead serious, Whitney can verify.
Whitney: I can verify.
A while back a mangy wet cat kept coming to our back door, Andie took pity on the wet thing and named her Ting Ting. RaVoe bought some cat food one day and that was it, we were hooked. Something about this pathetic creature has grabbed our hearts.
(I wanted to name her Lucille Two, wouldn't that be perfect?)
Ting Ting/ Lucille Two was scared to death of us, would be brave to get eat the food we put out for her and then run away.
One day Ting Ting/ Lucille Two showed up at the back door with her back legs all bloody, it was quite dramatic and RaVoe put the two and two together to conclude that Ting Ting had become a Mother.
Days went by, and we wondered about where she had put the little kitties, checking under the deck, and around the house. Nothing. One day there was a massive rain storm and we tried to provide her with a warm spot to put the kittens. But she turned her back on our kind gesture and ran away into the night.
All the while she was warming up to us and would come closer to us, and finally let us pet her.
Well the rain wouldn't stop and she would show up soaking wet everyday. It tugged at our heart strings to think of her at night. Wet and possibly protecting kitties.
Well, the time had come that we had enough! (and by "we" I mean RaVoe) and Andie and RaVoe went over the ditch, and searched all over the river bed and the yards of the neighbors.
This post doesn't need to be this long. . . . Sorry I can seem to spit this story out!
And nothing. . . yet another long wet night.
The next day, Andie went out again, and while leaning in to check the window wells of the neighbors yard she placed her foot in a bush and heard little kitten yelps only inches from her feet.
The mother cat was hissing, wet, soaking wet while the little kittens were so dry and warm under her.
RaVoe was in a panic, what to do? leave them? move them? put a tarp over them? But after a phone call to the Animal-savvy neighbor, a plan was formed.
The next time Ting Ting came for food RaVoe lured her into the garage and shut the door. . and Max RaVoe and Cutie-Pie ran over and got the kitties.
Laddy-doodie-da. . . . . . the mom and her 3 adorable kittens are dry and safe in a box in our garage, Ting Ting/ Lucille Two was frantic at first, but she is all dry and warm and so happy now, she just lays there all lazy like, purring and tending to her kittens. . It really is the cutest thing.
Dad has been out of town for 4 days in Tennessee. He is going to be so happy to know we have 4 new pets. . . . Lets pray he doesn't chuck them in the ditch!
Mom took me over to see where she had them, she loves any form of baby in the house.
6 comments:
Ha ha! This is you funniest post yet. I laughed out loud MULTIPLE times. Really, so touching.
Glad we could provide some sort of shelter for your babies for awhile! Could you name one of them after me?
I love these kitties so much! It feels good to have a cat around the house again.
Awww, I am totally in love with each and every one of those kittens, I am sure the Momma cat is very grateful you guys gave her a place, yay! Wish I lived closer to come and adopt one!
Love you blog, following now...
I love this story, I loved hearing it again. The world is better place because of you and your animal loving family. Those kittens! I'm tempted to drive down this very second just to hold one. So cute. Well done Ortons!
Ha! a cat named Julie, I love it. Consider it done.
Post a Comment