Saturday was my last day at Mikado's I quit in hopes of regaining my soul back from the depths of hell!! And left on quite a high note, when I told my manager I was quiting she cried, it was weird touching.
I yelled "see ya NEVER!" to one of the cooks as he was clocking out to go home early, and my manager said "Don't say never, you can always come back, you always have a home here at Mikado's" I love when I feel like people like me.
I had some regulars come in and say goodbye to me they were sad to see me go.
One guy came in without the regular girl he comes in with and when asking him where she was he responded "Thats not my girl" and then left me a hefty tip along with his phone number, after staying half hour past close to talk to me. . . . Boo-Ya! (Too bad the guy has spent 5 years of his life in prison and curses like a sailor)
But I clocked out and as I walked out of there the entire staff cried. Some of them falling to the ground and screaming out "WHY?! why!?" and the others carried me on their shoulder to my car, singing "never leave me alone" by Nate Dogg. It was touching. But not incentive enough to stay.
(Ok, all of that was true until that last paragraph, but thats how I'm going to choose to remember it)
My Mother took my picture for me as I headed out the door.
ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS!!
This week- Spring clean my room!
(It's going to be WILD)
2 comments:
Yeah I get to be first to comment on this hillarious post. McKay I love your writing. I laughed to tears at that last paragraph. Keep up the great sense of humor. You are great!
I'm glad you quit that job & I can relate with the sad staff... you are so fun to be around. I think you made my "parkway" year.
I love that happy kitty story. They are so cute!
Post a Comment