Monday, May 23, 2011

Film.

About 7-ish years ago a thoughtful roommate of mine gave me a 35mm film camera that took four pictures in one shot, all with a different filter on them. .

I didn't realize how cool this was until Drew asked if he could take my picture a few weeks back and had a camera that was a bit similar.

So I found the camera, dug it out of an old box and bought some film -real live, no batteries, no touch-screen -film, and shot a roll over the past week.

I love that phrase "shot a roll". . so great.
Over half of them did not turn out, but this was only the first try. .

This one is Jo and Lary on their back porch in Logan Utah. . . . I call it "Fastforward"
(because I needed to advance the film a bit more (you can tell by the sides) and because Jo has already lived in this house, we have already partied on that very porch, he is fastforwarding only to bring him back)

I'm aiming for "indie" and "hip" hence the mac book pro, the "going green" bike, the film camera and the subjects too cool to look at the camera.

I might post some more of them, enjoy, I am.

1 comments:

Sydnie said...

Love love love love this!!! PLEASE post more. You've inspired me to use my film cameras again. In fact, I found two undeveloped rolls when I moved.

Great post.

Powered by Blogger.