Saturday, April 9, 2011

I can't help myself!

I can't help myself. .  (have you seen the classic movie "You've Got Mail"? you know the part where Meg Ryan and Greg Kinnear have dinner and decided to break up? it is all very friendly, they are both such lovable characters. Then Meg asked Greg if there is someone else, that girl form the TV show? is she a republican? and Greg leans in and says "I Can't Help Myself!" . . I love that, I often think "I can't help myself" in his tone. . So when  you read the title of this blog try to have that tone.)

Ah-hem, back to topic!

I have fallen bum-over-noggin with the English comedian/actor Russell Brand. . . . I can't help myself!

I think his humor is brilliant, I think his charm is superb, I think his freakishly long legs and crazy hair have a strange attraction to them.

Now granted, I have yet to see any of his movies or any of his stand-up acts, they are all rated R and against my moral code to watch. The first time I saw him was on a late night interview with Kreg Ferguson. I thought "who is this guy? it is so clever and quick and has burst through the "funny" category and is now on higher level of humor, a level most people work a lifetime trying to achieve.

So I went I the ol' youtube to watch it again. . and behold! there was another interview he did on Letterman, and Conan, and good morning America. . each one of them had me teared-up with laughter.

I love him!
Please allow me now to share some favorites.

This is the one that hooked me- (fast forward to 1:20, Kreg is an idiot)


"I already liked Jesus, now, I LOVE HIM!"
"care for some crack?"
"it was a triumph and I'm going back!"


"she is in for the RIDE of her life!"
"as if there were no death, as if there were only life."





And he is now married to Katy Perry, who is alright, I have no problem with her, her music can sometimes encourage me to dance. But I love the two of them, I love his ideas on love. .

This interview is one of my favorite, his every word is so great-

 India, Thailand, Love. Brilliant.
"and as a result of that we are to be wed"



So I have bought his book, I am currently in the middle of it, captivated by his writing. (I might do a post entirely on this book later (lucky you))

But yesterday ARTHER opened in theaters, Sheldon took me to see it. I thought it was coming out last month, so I have been in anticipation for a while now,  doing my best to wait. I went all over looking for a top hat for us wear, but had no success.
Needless to say the movie was everything I wanted it to be. I laughed through the entire thing and if I was alone in the theater it is likely I would have cried.

So go see the movie, let Russell Brand into your life and into your heart, you will be a forever changed person. Not nessasarly changed for the good, but changed. I love him.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I have to say. I whole heartily agree and approve of this message..

I know exactly what you mean!

Marianne said...

Funny thing is... when I saw your blog post, I said the line from YGM in my head in just that tone. Odd.

Nathan said...

It grieves me so to do this to you my dear, but, you are aware of his previous matrimonial commitment? that being of course former Miss Perry?

Carrie Lynn said...

I think the new, off-drugs-Mr.-Brand is by far the best. He is so charming! Youtube his interview on The View and you will not be able to stop smiling all day.
P.S. It's his wit that makes him sexy

McKayJoice said...

I'm so glad we are in the same mindset Marianne, and Carrie it is so true- his wit makes him so sexy.

Nathan-I don't know what you are hinting at.

April said...

I love him. Bravo!

Unknown said...

I have to admit there was a time I had a crush on Russell Brand. Then, he married Katy Perry (who you are much more forgiving of than me) and my faith in him went down the tube.

Powered by Blogger.