"We deiced to do something different and add a mud room right as you come in from the garage!"
Oh! that is different! Good for you.
I don't want a large expensive home, I really don't.
If Mr. Right has loads of money I would like to think that we would have modest size home. (Like the one I grew up in) and then we would travel and travel.
But there is one thing I want in my home, rich or poor, city or country- I want it to be different.
Toons have the coolest houses. . why can't we have houses like that in real life? is it just a cheaper easier way out to build a mass field of cookie cutter houses? Maybe people just don't care.
Have you been to toon town at Disneyland? The toons know how to build!
(picture below is Minni Mouse's house)
Wicked houses, with rounded doors and slanted walls. It is proof that they can make them, they made it at Disneyland, I've walked through them! why can't they make a house or two like that in Highland? even the rich in Alpine all have houses that are the same. . So I don't believe it is a cost thing.
Check these out. . .
Do yourself a favor and google the word "EARTH SHIP." These houses are all powered by the sun, no waste goes in, no waste goes out. With cool interior gardens and a heating and cooling system. I had dinner in one twice, the man who built it is on my list of top 10 most interesting people I have met in my life. I feel like you have to be a bit crazy to live in a bus while taking years to construct a house out of tires and pop cans. . We need more people and houses like this.
It was quite popular in some of the country areas in Canada to buy an old church and convert it to a house, One church/house let us in and gave us a tour of the place, it was amazing, and they were so proud of the work they had done.
Also a shout out to my buddy Jo, his dad built this house himself, and to what I can remember he even created the floor plan himself, way cool. . .
| Jo's Dome Home |
Then you have stuff like this. . .
Who says roof-top gardens are just for the city? who made it rule that rounded doors where just for hobbits? Why can't I live on the face of a cliff?
Now these are crazy, excessive, and maybe the "only in my wildest dreams" expensive houses.
But I still think there are simple things that people miss out on. .
I love a good built in bed. . I think it would be fairly easy to make too-
It that not the coolest bed? . . and you could do a grown-up style one, with book shelfs or whatever.
Built in bunk beds would be cool too.
OR
I was talking to a friend and his family had a bookshelf that rotated to revel the stairs to the basement. So cool. I want a secret room, even if it is a small room, just the idea is so awesome. I would never tell my kids.
And if there is not built in beds, they will be bed that look somthing like this-
![]() |
| Max showed this to me, it would be cool indoors or out. |
![]() |
| This is the tent from the movie "the holiday" much improved tent from the tent in the movie "hook" so cute, so magical. |














6 comments:
I will tell Tom and Shelley Wolf that they're in your top ten! They'll love that!
Ground control to Major Tom!
all of these spaces look amazing!! i would love to live in a place that was very simple and run on power from the sun with a cute little garden.
thanks for checking out my blog :)
these homes are so cute and cozy looking!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
I think you would enjoy this site http://unhappyhipsters.com/
Stacy, you arr right, I love it!
I love those built in beds! They really do save a lot of room. Pretty photos! :)
Post a Comment