Monday, January 10, 2011

I'll be yours and you'll be. .

I woke up and it was chilly, I can't remember the last time I was cold laying in my bed, then I realized by the smell, that it had rained, and was still showering a bit.
My little hostel room is on the 4th floor and has two walls of windows. So I stood up on my bed and opened up the curtains and then windows, and the room filled with this smell of rain that I had never smelled before, it was rain mixed with the wet jungle. The majestic mountains were hovering now on a blanket of misty clouds.

So I jumped back into bed and pulled all the blankets around me, and opened up my book and read.
I stayed in bed for another 2 hours. I felt like a queen.
Wow, making this picture big on the computer you can see in my face that i just got out of bed and tossed on clothes. Oh! I am just adorable!


Today the streets are wet and cold and I am loving every second of it. I feel like I stepped into the jungles of Avatar, only there are no creepy blue people and I've tried to connect my long braid to the trees and nothing happens.

I'm going to go get some warm soup now in a hut just across the river.


Last night's sunset at dinner.

4 comments:

RaVoe said...

Where in Laos are you?

Unknown said...

I think you are great... Seriously. The trip sounds amazing. Keep it up Miss Mckay.

McKayJoice said...

Andy- I have met so many rockclimber goo-roos here. They are the most amazing guys and they could be your new best friends. You would love them. . . Get over here now!

Oh, and the town I'm in is called Vang Viang.

Whittron said...

loved the avatar reference.

Powered by Blogger.