Back in Bangkok, Andie and I were both very sad to be leaving Cambodia, and the night bus was pure torture. Our ride on seats that wouldn't recline, with Asian men in the seats in front of us that fully reclined right into our laps, for 8 hours, was a little hard to take. And what added to our misery is there was no light at the end of the tunnel we were returning to Bangkok, awful dirty Bangkok.
But we are here, I made Andie sit on a bench with our packs while I walked the streets for a place for us to stay.
"are you ok to sit here while I go look for us a place?"
"Yeah, I kinda feel like I'm homeless, but it's ok"
So I took off and right around the corner where the bus had dropped us off was Khao San Street. . To look upon it my first time was like a child gazing at his presents Christmas morning, like a teenager approaching the ocean for the first time. . the place is incredible.
I found a place right on the street "Budget Guest house" where we share the bathroom with the boys, (Don't worry mom-I explained to Andie what the urinals were) we have a ledge that overlooks the street, and for the first time in our time in Asia. . WE HAVE AIR CONDITIONING!
Quickly that first night we found out why the room was so cheap, the blaring music pumps in the windows from three different night clubs. But we'll take it. Andie and I love a good beat, we open up the window and sing along.
So we have been here for a day now and we think Bangkok will be much better this time around.
There is definitely a right and wrong way to travel Bangkok. Glad we figured it out.
Andie leaves me in like 4 days, so weird, and she is so weirded out to be going home.
So I think we are going to be here until she leaves, so she can have a good nights rest before her flight takes off, and maybe she won't want to puke the entire flight.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
andie's leaving? Who's taking her place? Do you know how long you're going to stay there? America misses you! :)
No one is taking her place, alone in Asia!
Asia needs me more then America.
Trust me.
Post a Comment