We woke up early early this morning and traveled by bus, then motor boat, to the floating markets. I stood on the side walk and ordered fried banana from three old ladies in a wooden boat, they put the bananas in a bag and attached the bag to a long stick with a small bucket at the end. They moved the sick to me, I took my bananas and put my money in the bucket.
Twas a good, colorful morning.
In less then 24 hours Anide will be on her 19 hour flight home and I will be alone in the crazy streets of Bangkok, it is such an exciting and scary idea to me.
The last week with Andie on this street has been amazing, we are out until one or two most nights, watching the break dancers or just people watching and eating all we can from the street vendors. Andie had her first K-bob and loved it. the coconut ice cream has also become a favorite of ours.
We have met a ton of new people, 5 boys from Canada who are a real treat, had me and Andie laughing so hard we couldn't breath.
We went to the heart of Bangkok yesterday night to see a movie, and were blown away at this tremendous space-age mall the Asians have made.
(the Asians are out of control!)
The third floor in the mall was just for expensive cars, mostly Porsche and Lamborghini, and a few others that looked real shiny. Top floor, movies. . . I felt like I was in a castle, from the future. The best part is before every movie starts you all have to stand and sing a song to the king. Why is this not something we do in the states? Can someone look into changing that? We could sing to Obama, he would love it.
So wish me luck on my new adventures without Andie. Tomorrow she flies back in time to highland, and I will leave Bangkok, maybe go someplace a little quieter.
7 comments:
Did you really take these pictures? They look like postcards.
ps we missed you this week.
McKay, I just had a thought. A great one, if I do say so. How's about we have a welcome home scatter when you get back? Deal?
Also the 5th picture on this blog (the one that's kinda sideways, darker on the edges) I want the original of this so I can print it and hang it in my room. I'm not kidding.
Yeah, I took all these pictures, it was so easy to take a good picture, everything around me was picture worthy.
And yes, Syd I think that's a great idea. . paying Logan a good visit is very high on my list of things to do when I get home. . . and man I could use a good scatter game.
-I'll bring my pictures to Logan for you too.
McKay great photos! What a fun adventure you are on. I love seeing the pics and reading about things. I want to see all the photos you show Sydnie PS.
I love that you're blogging your way through your adventures over there. I love reading about them. Ben is jealous, by the way. He wishes we could just take off and explore somewhere exotic. :)
You have always had a great eye when taking pictures... always been a wee bit jealous of it.
Post a Comment