Andie had enough of Cambodia for the day so she laid down for a nap.
I took the hostel ol'rickity bike and went out on the streets, admits the motorbikes and tuk tuks.
I biked clear to the "lucky mall" to pick up some deodorant and toothpaste, locking my bike up outside, and took my time browsing through all the weird Asian foods, and "treats". The Mall is the only place where their is evidence of Christmas, at all. And this mall has a real nice 5 foot tree and some candy canes. So funny. So pathetic. It feels like nothing like Christmas. I kinda love it.
When I was done I walked out of the store and to my surprise it was raining cats and dogs. I stood under the store oning and realized I had no options, so I pulled my hair up and headed into the rain, putting my groceries in my bike basket and peddling along the road with massive puddles and the smell of jungle and trash now wet and mixed with the smell of rain.
20 minuets later I arrived back at the hostel and the rain stopped, almost right as I pulled in.
But I didn't mind at all, it might have been the best ride of my life. (and I have been on some good bike rides)
I love being here, I don't know how Cambodia does it. . make perfect food, have beautiful brown babies, and live in humble homes that are all connected my bumpy roads of pure chaos.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love that you are just riding a bike, in the rain, in Cambodia.
Post a Comment