Andie and I sit on our beds at night in silence as we both fill pages and pages in our journals.
Today Andie and I woke up and headed right to the beach, eating deep fried bananas, Lobster, Mangos, and a fruit that I had never seen before.
I was told in coming here to watch for certain food, avoid this, and only eat this if it is caught this way . . . yadda yadda yadda. . . but we have been eating everything and been totally fine. (lets hope that continues)
But we are in Sihanoukville, it is at the very bottom of Cambodia. The spot we choose is right in the heart of the backpacking world. . It is "Happy Happy, party every night" as the Cambodians put it. We even found some of our backpacking friends from Thailand here.
The beaches are lined with wooden beds and umbrellas, that you lay and order cheap food and beer. At night they switch out all the beds for these big bamboo circle chairs, candles and get out the fire works, the entire beach is twinkly and alive it is so great. It is a happening little spot with the most beautiful men.
We decided Vietnam would be too much money (for a visa) and we wouldn't be able to see all we wanted to with the time I planned for there. so we will be here for Christmas, but we are going to move mid-week to a quiter beach. We hear their are some secluded beautiful white sand beaches not too far from where we are at. So I guess we will have a white Christmas after all.
Here are some blurry pictures of our place right now.
Their are like 10 Cambodian teens that run the entire thing and they are so friendly and great to us, and love the American pop music.Our room might be my favorite yet, just basic, beds, fan, bathroom with no hot water, lamp and a little balcony that we share with our neighbors, lizards run alover the entire thing and the jungle vines climb up the walls.
It is beautiful, far far away from anything familiar, days away from walmarts and superstores, worlds away from home, terrible internet connections, with brown smiles, and humid salty air. I love Cambodia, I can't say it enough.
2 comments:
i just passed out cause this is so cool.
I agree with Kylee. This is SO cool. I'd love if you found some beautiful man and fell in love overseas. That would be very Eat Pray Love of you.
Post a Comment