Last night was Andie's first night at a Bar, and she got hit on my this cute guy. She has been telling everyone for about a week now that she is 21, not that that matters, anyone can drink here.
But whenever a guy talks to her I usually find a way to weasel away so she can't turn to me and is stuck talking to him, and it cracks me up to watch her.
It really is a backpackers town here and it has been a real fun thing to experience, meeting so many people from all four corners of the earth. But I think we are going to get food "to-go" and eat it on our balcony, from there you can hear one of the club's music and that will be party enough for tonight. Last night we out did ourselves. We fit right in with the drunkards.
Sihanoukville is tucked away in this little bay and as you look out over the water you see island after island of deep lush green jungle, today we took an orange wooden fishing boat and went out to three of them, snorkeling with beautiful fish at one, and then we sat in the beautiful sand at another for like four hours. . it was a great mellow day.
At one of the islands I was surprised to see ducks, I don't know why. i guess I just was expecting more exotic creatures. But our Cambodian boat driver got out this big mat that he laid on the sand then made lunch for us. Andie and I sat with a guy from Australia and ate barracuda, amazing tasting fish with bread and salad. At the end of the meal we spotted a mother duck and following her was about 20 baby ducklings. We watched them as they got closer and I think we were all wanting them to get closer, maybe get a good picture. They got about 6 feet from us when they noticed we had food and all the little ducklings came running onto the mat eating anything and everything, and falling all over themselves. Three of them were standing on Anide's plate at one time. We both got laughing quite hard.
2 comments:
Those boats are such beautiful colors!!!!
(I am wearing ear muffs- just so you know. And they are black.... sigh...)
I know, I want to paint a house in all those colors.
Post a Comment